Please note: You can not subscribe to campaigns if your media is not verified!
Now that you've added your website, Daisycon wants to check if it really is your website. We don't want just anyone to add a website and claim to be the owner. Domain verification is possible in several ways. This applies to all publishers, both new and existing.
Verification and Approval - 2 separate things
- Verification: You need to verify your website yourself, so Daisycon knows that you are the rightful owner. You need to do this before, during or after the approval. Preferably you do this before the approval.
- Approval: as soon as a publisher has created a new website it will be approved by the Daisycon team within a few working days. We'll check if your website is working, has a professional look and if there's enough content on it. After your approval you will receive an email.
Step 1: Choose your method
- Once logged on to your publisher account click the ‘Settings’ menu item on the left hand side and click ‘Media’.
- Here you can find your media which needs to be verified. These media are quoted "Verify media"
- Click on 'Verify media’.
- On the following pop-up you can choose between three available methods: upload verification file, Meta tag and DNS entry.
Step 2: tutorial for the available methods
- Method 1: Verify website by uploading a verification file, for example via FTP
- Method 2: Verify website by adding a TXT record to DNS
- Method 3: Verify website with a meta tag, e.g. WordPress, Joomla, Startpage
- Method 4: Verification with assistance from Daisycon
Method 1: Verify website by uploading a verification file, for example via FTP
In the example below we explain how you can verify your website by uploading the verification file using an FTP client. This explanation is also applicable if you use a WordPress, Joomla or other type of CMS, but for this you will need to have the FTP login details for your site and be familiar with how FTP works.
- Choose the method "Verify via file".
A verification file will appear that needs to be placed on your website.
- You now need to upload the verification file from Daisycon via FTP to your website. You do this as follows:
- Open or download Filezilla (free) or a similar FTP client.
- Connect with Filezilla or a similar program via FTP to the server of your website. You will normally receive the login details for your FTP from your web host when you apply for your hosting package. Note: this is different data than you use to log into your CMS (such as WordPress or Joomla).
- After the connection with your server has been made via FTP, drag the verification file of Daisycon into the folder where the files of your website are installed. The name of this folder can vary. The most common names are: 'www', 'httpdocs' or 'public_html'.
After placing the verification file via FTP: Verify
After you've placed the file, go to "My Media" in your publisher account at Daisycon. Again choose the method "Verify via file". Here you finally click on the button with the text "Verify media". This is at the bottom. If you have placed the file correctly, you will get the message that your media is verified!
Note: If you need to verify multiple media, you can use the same verification file each time. This is unique per publisher, not per website! Immediately after the verification you can remove the file.
Method 2: Verify website by adding a TXT record to DNS
You can also verify your website by adding a TXT record to the DNS management, through the administrator tools at your domain host.
- Choose the method "Verify via DNS."
- A TXT record will appear that needs to be placed in your DNS settings.
- Now log in to your domain host.
- Go to the page where your domain's DNS records can be updated.
Common names for these: "DNS Administration, Server Name Administration or Advanced Settings".
- Go to the TXT records for your domain.
- Add a TXT record with the correct value, namely: "site-verification=UNIQUE ID".
You can copy the unique ID of Daisycon with copy-paste here.
- Save your changes. Please note that it can take some time, up to several hours, for the changes to take effect!
After adding the DNS record: verify
After you've added your DNS record go to 'my media' in your publisher account at Daisycon. Again choose the method "Verify via DNS". Here you click on the button with the text 'Verify media'. If you have placed the file correctly you will get the message that your media is verified!
Method 3: Verify website with a meta tag, e.g. WordPress, Joomla, Startpage
It is possible to verify your website with a meta tag. This is the simplest method for websites with widely used CMS packages such as WordPress and Joomla. By placing a meta tag in the header you can verify your site. If you run a website with limited access to the CMS you can also use the meta tag as a keyword.
- Choose the method "Verify via meta tag".
- A meta tag will appear that needs to be placed on your website.
Placing a meta tag in WordPress
- Now log in to your WordPress website (www.websitenaam.nl/wp-admin/)
- Go to 'View' / 'Editor'
- Open the template 'Header.php'.
- Paste the Daisycon meta tag between < head > and < / head >.
- Click 'Update File'.
If the 'Update File' button is not visible, then you do not have the correct write permissions set. You can change this via FTP. Contact your Wordpress support for help on this.
Meta tags in Joomla
- Log in to your Joomla environment (www.websitenaam.nl/administrator/).
- In the main menu, go to 'Extensions' / 'Template Manager'.
- Then go to 'Templates' and select the template you are currently using.
- Then go to 'Edit template main page or index.php'.
- Then scroll down until you reach the < head > tag. Immediately below this you paste the meta tag of Daisycon.
- Click 'Save'.
Limited access/permissions in the CMS: using a meta tag as a keyword
If you are unable to post a full meta tag, for example due to limited access or rights in the CMS, you can verify your website by using part of the meta tag as a keyword:
- Copy only the unique part of the meta tag that is in quotation marks after "content=", like for example the red part:
< meta name="9032b9435a176AX" content=" adf3a0d619d4a328923dadcd0c05c70b " / >
- Place the part of the meta tag as a keyword in the meta tags of your website.
- Now verify your website in the Daisycon interface according to the explanation below.
- We recommend you to remove the keyword immediately after verifying.
After placing the meta tag: verification
After you've placed the meta tag go to "my media" in your publisher account at Daisycon. Again choose the method "Verify via meta tag". Here you finally click on the button with the text "Verify media". If you have placed the file correctly, you will get the message that your media is verified!
Is it not possible to verify your media? This can of course happen and we are happy to help you verify your media.
Method 4: Website verification with assistance from Daisycon
Need to verify your website but don´t have access to FTP or the CMS system of your website, e.g. while using a Blogger/Blogspot website? Daisycon can provide assistance with the verification. Then you can still do this with the help of Daisycon. We ask you to put a self made link to www.daisycon.com on your website and let us know. After verification from Daisycon we will manually verify your media and you can start signing up for campaigns.
Get in touch with our support team if you need our help with the verification. You can do this by sending an e-mail. However, by creating a ticket in your account, you will get help much faster.