To be able to use a Review site within the Daisycon network, Review publishers (media type reviews & ratings) need to take into account a number of guidelines which we describe in the 5 step Code of Conduct:
- Reviews and test results should always be obtained honestly and must therefore be authentic and unique.
- It is not allowed to influence or manipulate reviews with the purpose of directing traffic to an advertiser. Misleading always leads to rejection.
- When visitors search for a review on the website, no pop-up may appear with a link to the advertiser's page, which is difficult or impossible to click away. An option to click away should be clearly present and not hidden in the top corner. Daisycon will assess whether this has been done properly on the relevant page.
- The text and link button in the pop-up may offer an option to visit the advertiser's page, but may not show misleading information giving the visitor the idea that he can view the reviews while he is being directed to the advertiser's page. Daisycon will judge whether the text shown is composed according to our guidelines.
- The visitor should consciously and actively click through to the advertiser. It is not allowed to be redirected to an advertiser's page directly without a click! (cookie drop).
We expect all review publishers to observe the above Code of Conduct. From the moment this Code of Conduct comes into force, it will apply to all affiliated review sites in the Daisycon network. We expect existing publishers to adapt their websites to this code of conduct.
Find here the links to the information and legislation of the European Union and the Dutch government.